About Our Strategic Plan
Every three years, the Clearview Library District Board undergoes a collaborative and community-driven process to develop a Strategic Plan. The Strategic Plan establishes a clear vision for serving our community and fulfilling our mission, and acts as a guide for the future direction of the library.
2020 - 2022 Strategic Plan Process
The 2020-2022 Strategic Plan will help answer three main questions:
- Where are we now?
- Where do we want to be?
- How are we going to get there?
We look to our community to help shape the vision for the library’s future — services, locations, resources, and more. Strong community engagement has been key. In the months of June and July, we worked to gather feedback in a variety of ways:
The Advisory Group — representative of the district — will take all of the community feedback and will create a plan that contains priorities with actionable goals and projects matched to the budget.
Once finalized, the Advisory Group will present their recommendations to the Library Board for review and adoption.
Thank you for all of the feedback! We had more than 3,500 comments! Because it is important to us to not only listen to what our community wants and needs, but to act on that information, we wanted to take a deep dive into those comments and understand each and every one of them. So, we extended the timeframe for our strategic planning process by two months.
- June 5 – August 26: Advisory Group meets regarding Strategic Plan
- June 3 – July 31: Survey is open
- June 3 – July 31: Facebook comments open
- June 15 – July 31: PopUp white board comments open
- June 15 – July 31: Post-It note comments open
- July 17, 5:30 p.m. at the Windsor Community Recreation Center: Advisory Group Meeting
- July 29, 5:30-7 p.m. at Fire Station No. 1: Community meeting to set priorities
- June 15 – July 31: Engagement through community events
- August 8, 5:30 p.m. at the Windsor Severance Library: Advisory Group Meeting
- September 4, 5:30 p.m. at the Windsor-Severance Library: Advisory Group Meeting
- October 9, 5:30 p.m. at the Windsor-Severance Library: Community Feedback Review Work Session with the Library Board
- October 12, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. at Windsor-Severance Fire Rescue Station No. 1: Advisory Group Meeting
- October 24, 5:30 p.m. at the Windsor-Severance Library: Draft Plan Presentation to the Library Board
- Week of October 28, Time and Location TBD: Advisory Group Meeting
- Week of November 11, Time and Location TBD: Community Meeting to Review Final Plan
- November 21, 5:30 p.m. at the Windsor-Severance Library: Presentation of Final Plan to the Library Board