The Windsor-Severance Library will officially reopen to the public on Monday, January 25, with a soft opening Thursday, January 21. We'll have limited services available and safety procedures in place.
Monday through Friday: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Saturdays: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Sundays: 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
The first hour of the day will be reserved for vulnerable individuals (65+ years old, immunocompromised, or expectant moms).
When you visit the library next — and we hope you do! — you may notice some changes we’ve made to help keep our community healthy and safe.
Here’s what to expect …
Entering the Library
- The building will be limited to 100 visitors and staff members at a time.
- If we reach 100 people inside, we’ll ask you to wait in our waiting area to the left of the entrance.
- Make sure an adult is with children under 14 at all times.
- If you’re a family unit, consider limiting your group number, so more people can visit the library.
While You’re In the Library
- Everyone ages 3+ must wear a face covering the entire time and follow social distancing guidelines (6 feet apart from non-family members).
- Since we’re limited on visitors, we ask that you keep your visit brief (under two hours) and focused on browsing materials and accessing the Internet. We won’t be watching the clock unless there are people waiting.
- Toys, games, and play structures have been temporarily removed for safety.
- See-through shields have been installed at our service desks.
- Only the front bookdrop will be open for returns.
- We have hand sanitizer dispensers throughout the building.
- Disinfectant wipes are available for before / after use of our self-checkout stations and computers.
- Materials will continue to be heldfor a period of time before being placed on the shelf.
- Increased cleaning procedures are in place throughout the building and bookmobile.
What Library Services Are Available?
What Services / Resources Are Not Available?
- In-person programs
- Public Notary
- Explore Kits and large items for check out
- Meeting rooms
- Children’s computers, toys, games
- Mobile device and laptop kiosks
- Cash payments for fees / fines
- Test proctoring
We’ll continue to follow state and county guidelines. We may need to increase or decrease our available services depending on how the COVID-19 situation changes.