Local Author Showcase
Clearview Library District (CLD) is fortunate to be approached by many local authors who would like to share their work with library patrons through presentations and signing events. CLD is a passionate advocate for literacy and lifelong learning, and supports local authors in their efforts.
To serve both local authors and library patrons, CLD offers Local Author Showcase events. Each Showcase features up to 8 authors; each has five minutes to talk about his or her book(s). After all the presentations, authors may meet, talk with, and sell their books to those attending.
- Authors must bring their own books to sell and will be responsible for all sales (types of currency accepted, sales taxes, etc.).
- Books must be published and have first publication dates of 2015 or later.
- Authors who have had prior participation in CLDs’ presentation/signing events will not be eligible to participate in a Showcase for the same book.
- Each participating author must pass out a flyer (to be provided by CLD) to 5 people in the area.
- CLD will publicize each Showcase through other channels (posters, e-newsletters, email blasts, press releases and social media, or some subset of these).
- CLD will provide meeting rooms, tables, refreshments and library staff to do introductions for each Showcase event.
- There will be no charge for the authors or for those attending.
Participation in Local Author Showcase is by application only.
Download the application here.