If you’re reading this, you probably don’t need any convincing that volunteer work is important. But did you know that volunteers are our MOST valuable resource? It’s true! Without volunteers, we couldn’t keep the library’s collections in tip-top shape, nor could we offer the many amazing programs that we do each week. Volunteerism is also beneficial to the volunteer, believe it or not. When you volunteer at Clearview, you will be able to:
• Share your skills and passions with your community
• Acquire new skills and gain recognized work experience
• Expand your social horizons
• Serve in your own neighborhood
• Keep up with the latest books
• Help, and be appreciated for it
• Receive staff privileges in regard to library fines (at completion of training)
• Brag that you volunteer for the most up-and-coming library in the region
So join our elite corps of dedicated volunteers today! Make a big difference in the quality of library service in your community by sharing your time and talent.
Volunteers work side by side with the library staff. We strive to create a pleasant and productive work environment for every volunteer, regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, or disability. Volunteers are respected members of our library community and will be treated as such at all times.
Choose from among several volunteer opportunities at Clearview Library:
Adult Services – Library Page, Library Docent, Inter-library Loan, Book Repair and Processing, and Special Projects. Please contact Diane Montgomery for more information.
Youth Services – Library Page, Library Docent, Storytime Assistant, Librarian’s Assistant, Summer Reading Assistant, Read with Me Mentor, and Special Projects. Please contact Deb Kauffman firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.