1. Check that the Clearview Library District does not have the item in our database. Search using the library’s catalog. Library materials owned by Clearview Library District may not be borrowed from another library.
2. Go to SWIFT and sign in with your Clearview Library District card and pin number. Select Clearview Library District from the drop down menu.
3. Chose the current profile of libraries you want to search. Best options are ALL LIBRARIES OR PUBLIC LIBRARIES.
4. Perform a search or advanced search. Click on the GET IT icon when you have found the item(s) you wish to request. Make sure you have the correct title, author and format. Books from Prospector or Marmot may not be available. Fields such as the ISBN or lending libraries which are blank will cause the request to stall and the Interlibrary Loan Department will then process the request.
5. Check the status of your request at any time by logging on to Colorado SWIFT. Please allow 10 minutes after submission for requests to appear in your request queue.
6. When the item arrives you will receive phone notification that the item is ready for pick up at the Clearview Library District. Requests from bookmobile patrons will be sent to the Outreach Department for delivery.
Make sure you have chosen the Clearview Library District from the drop down menu when you sign on to your account.
Newly published items within the last six months and Best Sellers are not available through the Colorado SWIFT service due to high levels of demand at the lending libraries.
Requesting an item that is already held in the Clearview District Library’s collection or an item that is not available from SWIFT due to high demand, will result in the order going to an “Idle” status. Contact the Clearview Library District staff for assistance.
When you are navigating in Colorado SWIFT there is always a ‘Help’ link on the menu at the left side of the page. This link can provide helpful hints for narrowing down searches such as articles.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I contact the Interlibrary Loan Department?
How long will it take?
Depending on availability, some items may arrive within 10 days; others may take several weeks.
Would the Clearview Library District consider purchasing the item I am interested in for the library collection?
Yes. Interlibrary Loan requests are reviewed by our acquisitions librarian and considered for purchase and inclusion in the collection.
How many items can I request?
Up to seven (7) Interlibrary Loan requests may be active at one time.
How much does it cost?
Over 90% of Interlibrary Loans are done at no direct cost to the patron; items not available in Colorado will incur a charge of $5.00. When placing your order selecting ‘yes’ when asked if you are willing to pay authorizes the Colorado Virtual Library to look outside Colorado to fill your order.
What types of items are not available through Interlibrary Loan?
Items in the Clearview Library District collection; best sellers; newly published items; licensed computer software, E-Books, entire volumes or issues of periodicals, rare or valuable items.
How long is the loan period?
Loan periods vary and are determined by the lending library. When you pick up an item the due date will be indicated and items may not be renewed.
If you’d like to read the Intelibrary Loan Policy click here.