Calling all bibliophiles and culinary artists of all ages! Please join us for this delicious edible book competition! All ages are welcome to participate - either to submit an entry or just to visit and take a peek at the edible art and cast your vote for your favorite entry. All entries must be book related in some way. Please be sure to read through the event guidelines and more details below. Registration is required ONLY for those submitting edible entries. Please contact Resa for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EDIBLE BOOKS COMPETITION GUIDELINES
- Individuals of families may submit an entry into the contest
- Entries must be entirely edible (cake, bread, crackers, Jell-o, fruit, vegetables, candy, etc.) and must be able to sit out for 3 hours without melting. Toothpicks to hold pieces together, sticks for cake pops and paper wrappers for cupcakes are permissible. Candies used as decorative elements are also acceptable. We will not be serving the cakes, so please be prepared to take your entry home with you!
- Dimensions of entry must be no more than 16 inches by 24 inches.
- Entry must be related to books in some way. For example, it can look like a book in form/shape, be inspired by a book or author, reproduce a book cover, celebrate a book character, etc. Additionally, please note that your entry does not need to be created with cake - anything edible goes!
- 2pm: Participants arrive with their edible entries
- 3pm: Public Viewing and Judging
- 4pm: Awarding of Prizes
- Judging will be based on visual criteria - best representation of book, artistic elements, humorous portrayal of a book, and most creative ingredient.
- Most Creative Ingredient
- Most Artistic (Adult, Youth, Family)
- Best Representation of Book (Adult, Youth, Family)
- People's Choice - Best Overall (as chosen by the public)