The BoMo strives to bring the love of literacy to the doors of our patrons. Here are some of the activities currently going on within our department and out on the streets:
Did You Know?
The bookmobile actually weighs 25,000 pounds (books and all).
Bookmobile Policy and Guidelines
The bookmobile is a branch of the Clearview Library District and operates under district policies as well as those listed below. In addition to weekly scheduled stops, the bookmobile will participate in major community events whenever possible to promote the Library District and the resources, programs, services and activities available for people of all ages. One time visit requests are considered on an individual basis considering the below criteria.
The service schedule of the bookmobile is continuously evaluated and stops are determined by the following criteria, though exceptions may be made depending on the circumstance.
- All bookmobile stops must be located within the Clearview Library District service area (Weld RE-4 School district borders).
- The bookmobile may not add a stop if a nearby stop already exists or if it is within three blocks of traditional library service, unless it meets a specific outreach goal.
Open and Free Access to Ideas and Information
- Stop time and location must be able to be advertised/promoted by the library and will be listed on Clearview Library District’s web site.
- Area must be open and accessible to the general public. The bookmobile does not stop at private residences.
Availability of Adequate Parking
- All stops must have a parking area with a visible spot large enough to accommodate the bookmobile and allow safe entrance and exit from the bookmobile.
The Clearview Library District reserves the right to cancel a stop should the number of patrons utilizing the bookmobile drop below a sufficient number to justify the service. Stops will be evaluated as to their priority level considering outreach target groups. The following criteria will be used to evaluate current stops:
- Consistent usage of services.
- Participation level.
- Circulation over a specified period of time.
- Consistent return of library materials.
- Stops must be easily integrated into the schedule.
- Sufficient staff and resources must be available to add the stop.
Inclement Weather & Bookmobile Maintenance
- The bookmobile may go off the road during tornado warnings, evenings in which the temperature is forecasted to be below 10 degrees, or anytime the streets are considered hazardous for driving due to ice, snow or flooding.
- Stops may also be canceled in circumstances where the bookmobile is needed to go in for maintenance, updates and repairs.
- Updates and changes to the schedule due to inclement weather will be posted to the library website and Facebook pages.
The Clearview Library District reserves the right to cancel a stop that does not meet the stated requirements and change the stop schedule as needed. Please direct any questions to Ally Garcia, Outreach Manager at 970.686.5603 or email@example.com.